The Indian Trademark Registry has today issued a public notice notifying initiation of a special drive for disposal of requests filed for recordal of post- registration changes in the registered trademarks. The said drive will take place during the months of December, 2013 and January, 2014.
Various Highlights of the Notice:
- Requests filed on Forms TM- 17, 19, 20, 23, 24, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 42, 43 or 50 will be taken up for disposal;
- Where a single request has been filed for more than one registered trademark, the first mark shall be taken up for disposal;
- Where a request has been filed with respect to several trademarks involving different jurisdictions, the request shall be disposed of by the Office having jurisdiction with respect to the first trademark;
- All requests for recordal of post registration changes made in respect of’ a registered
trademark would be disposed in sequential order of changes;
- The Proprietors/ Subsequent Proprietors of registered trademarks or their authorized agents, whose request for any change in respect of registered trademarks have not been recorded have to appear before the nominated officer on the scheduled date
Documents Required for Post- Registration Changes
- Statement of case indicating sequence of changes with respect to the registered trademark;
- Authentic copy of request filed for post- registration changes;
- Authentic copy of assignment deed or document on the basis of which post- registration change has been filed;
- Affidavit indicating that no litigation is pending with respect to the assignment/ transmission mentioned in the request;
- Authentic copy of PA/ GPA in favour of the Agent
In order to clear backlog and for speedy- disposal of post- registration changes in registered marks the Registry had initiated a similar drive earlier this year which was successfully accomplished and led to disposal of several post- registration changes which had been pending since several years.