The Office of Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trademarks (CGPDTM) has issued yet another notification requesting the proprietors of the registered trademarks (and their authorized agents) to make available the requisite documents to the officers designated by the Trademark Registry who are taking up the cases under the special drive.
The special drive is initiated by the Trademark Registry to take up all the requests for recordal of post registration changes (including the assignments) made on Forms TM 17, -17 , 19, 20, 23, 24, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 42, 43 or 50 and submitted till December 31, 2012.
The Registry had also published (on February 13, 2013) the branch wise list of all pending requests for recordal of post registration changes which were to be taken up in the special drive at all the five branches i.e. Mumbai, Ahmadabad, Delhi, Kolkata and Chennai.
The Registry has also proposed to extend the special drive for the month of March 2013 in order to dispose of the pending requests.
The proprietors and their authorized agents/advocates are once again directed to bring the following document at the time of appearance in the Registry
- Statement of case in indicating sequence of changes relating to the registered trademark(s)
- An up-to-date affidavit to the effect that no litigation is pending in respect of the assignment/transmission mentioned in the request.
- Authentic copy of the requests for recordal of earlier changes (along with fee receipt), if any, which have not been brought on record.
- Authentic copy of the Assignment Deed(s) or document(s) on the basis of which the change is requested.
- Authentic copy of latest Power of Attorney/General Power of Attorney in favor of the agent.