For the last four years, S.S. Rana & Co. in collaboration with Vidya Darshan Rana Charitable Trust has been organizing Scriptit TM, the annual essay writing competition to give young students an opportunity to understand the role played by intellectual property rights and raise awareness on IP Rights in India.
For the last four years, S.S. Rana & Co. in collaboration with Vidya Darshan Rana Charitable Trust has been organizing
This year also students were invited to submit their essays focusing on the World IP Day theme chosen by WIPO, i.e. ‘Digital Creativity: Culture Reimagined’. The suggested topics in this regard were:
- International IP Framework vis-a-vis protection of Cultural Properties of Indigenous People;
- Impact of the Free Culture Movement on IP rights;
- The Effect of ‘Home Copying’ on the market for audio-visual recordings;
- Protection of Traditional Foods in India;
- Socio- Economics of Geographical Indications in India;
Out of a total of 25 entries received, we have shortlisted the winning entries in the respective categories. The winners of the Competition are –
- College Category –
- Shinjini Lama, of Symbiosis Law
School, Pune, who wrote on the topic, “The Future of Copyright in India – A Special reference to digital piracy and its various aspects”
- Shreyaa Verma, of Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, IIT Kharagpur, who wrote on the topic, ‘Socio – Economics of Geographical Indications in India’.
- Sakshi Pawar & Rishika Mendiratta, of Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, who co-authored a paper on, ‘International IP Framework vis-avis protection of cultural properties on indigenous people.’
- School Category –
- Sonam.T of The Ideal Mount Litera Zee School, who wrote on the topic, ‘The Effect of ‘Home Copying’ on the market for audio-visual recordings.’
Heartiest Congratulations on behalf of S.S. Rana & Co and Vidya Darshan Rana Charitable Trust to all the winners, with the top three ranked students in the college category winning prizes worth ₹ 7,500, ₹ 5,000 and ₹ 2,500 respectively, and the winner in the school category winning prizes worth ₹ 5,000.
The winners in the college category also get a chance to intern with our firm for a period of one month.
All participants shall receive a participation certificate from the firm.
We look forward to further such participation in the future.