Sunrise period of Country Code Top Level Domain Name .भारत and second level domain .कंपनी.भारत has commenced from August 15, 2014 to be soon followed by registration in other local languages namely Bangla, Telgu, Gujarati, Urdu, Tamil and Gurumukhi (Punjabi).International Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has delegated IDN in seven Indian Languages to National Internet Exchange Board of India (NIXI).
This country code domain name will not only offer unique identity to websites registering for this name, but will also allow the Internet users to type-in non-English names for URLs. Trade mark owners and registered companies can obtain .भारत and .कंपनी.भारत through Sunrise Period. The details of sunrise period are as follows:-
DETAILS/ INFORMATION REQUIRED
- Participants to register and validate their trade mark:
- Applications to be submitted to .IN registry;
- Copy of the trade mark; and
- Evidence of usage of the trade mark
- The .IN registry will review the application for accuracy, validity and satisfaction of all requirements.
- Once the .IN registry validates the application, it will be then issue a matching domain names in IDN Sunrise Phases, before the general public makes an attempt to register it.