FSSAI License Registration In India
Under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, in India, it is mandatory to obtain an FSSAI license registration to carry out any business related to food like manufacturer, sale, storage or distribution etc.
FSAAI Registration India and License Categories
To run a food business in India it is important to get registration/ license according to food safety and standards act, 2006. The registration can be obtained one of three categories:
- Central license: this is when the license has to be obtained from central government. This category includes food business operators like 100% export-oriented units, large manufacturers, importers, food business operators in central government agencies, airport, seaport, etc.
- State license: this is when the license has to be obtained from state government. This category includes food business operators like small to medium sized manufacturing units, storage, transporters, retailers, marketers, distributors, etc.
- Registration: food business operators who are petty food manufacturers can obtain registration under this scheme from the state government by submitting minimal documents.
FSSAI License Registration Requirements
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India license can be obtained by applying online at FSSAI website. The criteria for registration under food safety and standards act, 2006
- Registrations are granted to small or petty FBO’s whose annual turn-over does not exceed INR 12 lakhs.
- Registrations are granted by the registering authority who may be designated officer/ food safety officer or any official in panchayat, municipal corporation or any other local body or panchayat in an area, notified by the state food safety commissioner.
- Documents required while applying for a registration:-
- Application in schedule-1
- Fees @INR 100/- per annum
- Address proof (government documents like voter id card)
- Photograph of applicant
- Registration card should be exhibited at a prominent place of business premise.
FSSAI License Registration Cost
What is the cost and fees for getting registration or FSSAI licenses under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006
- Fees for registration: INR 100
- Fees for license issued by central licensing authority: INR 7500
- Fees for license issued by state licensing authority:
- Manufacturer /miller
- Above 1 mt per day production or 10,001 to 50,000 LPD of milk or 501 to 2500 mt of milk solids per annum: INR 5000/—
- Below 1 mt of production or 501 to 10,000 LPD of milk or 2.5 mt to 500 mt of milk solids per annum: INR 3000/—
- Hotels-3 star and above: INR 5000/—
- Manufacturer /miller
- All food service providers including restaurants/boarding houses, clubs etc. Serving food, canteens (schools, colleges, office, institutions), caterers, banquet halls with food catering arrangements, food vendors like dabba wallas etc: INR 2000/—
- Any other food business operator: INR 2000/
FSSAI License Number Food Product Labels
According to notification no. 4/15015/30/2011 dated June 7, 2013 of FSSAI, FSSAI logo and license number shall be displayed on the label of the food package in contrast colour to the background.
For imported products- the importer shall display FSSAI logo and license number along with the name and address of the importer.
Reportedly, the FSSAI license and logo number imparts the assurance among consumers that the food article has passed quality checks and is fit for human consumption.
For more information on Food Laws, Food Safety, FSSAI License, FSSAI Registration India, FSSAI License Cost and Fees In India, please write to us at: email@example.com