The Copyright Office in its recent Public Notice dated December 17, 2020 has notified introduction of e-filing facility for “Registration of Changes in the Particulars of Copyright entered in the Register of Copyrights (FORM XV)”. The e-filing facility is in effect from December 18, 2020. In view thereof, request on FORM XV copyright application for change in particulars can now be filed online.
Where can the request be filed:
A brief guide for filing request on FORM XV can be accessed here.
What are the pre-requisites for filing FORM XV online?
- Registration certificate number and date of issue (Mandatory)
- Evidence of prior intimation of filing of Form XV to the interested/affected person(s), if any.
- Signature to be scanned in jpg format with less then 512 KB and kept ready for uploading
- All the documents to be uploaded in pdf format in less than 5 MB
What are the documents required for filing FORM XV online?
- Original Power of Attorney (POA). [If Applicable]
- Affidavit to the effect that ‘No Case’ is/are pending in any court of law relating to RoC in Question;
- Notarized Copy of Assignment Deeds of Licence, in case the proposed changes are consequential on assignment of Licences copyright; Notarized copy of Assignment Deed/Partnership Deed/Dissolution Deed/Certificate of Incorporation etc;
- Copy of Extract of RoC.
This is a welcome move by the Indian Copyright Office towards digitizing copyright filing procedures. This initiative will make the process of filing FORM XV for change of particulars less time consuming and transparent.