Domain Names Flowchart and Procedure in India
The Domain Names Flowcharts demonstrates step wise domain name dispute resolution procedure in India.
- The first step towards domain name dispute resolution comprises of Filing of complaint with the .IN Registry, if the infringing domain name is identical or confusingly similar or the registrant has registered or is using the disputed domain name with bad faith.
- On receiving the complaint, the Registry will forward complaint to the Respondent within 3 working days if the complaint is found to be in accordance with the Dispute Resolution Policy and Rules of Procedure.
- Thereafter, the .IN Registry will appoint an arbitrator and will forward the complaint and requisite documents relating to the the complaint to the Arbitrator and the Respondent. Pursuant to this, the arbitrator shall adjudicate upon the dispute in accordance to the provisions under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996.
- The Arbitrator shall decide and forward its decision to the Registry within 60 days from the date of commencement of the arbitration proceedings. The decision has to be in writing and shall be a reasoned decision.
- On receipt of decision from arbitrator, the Registry shall forward the same to the parties alongwith the date of implementation of the decision.
For more information on Domain dispute process and in India please write to us at: email@example.com