Copyright Objection and Rectification Process in Bangladesh
Copyright Objection- Bangladesh
The applicant of the Copyright application is required to send the copy of the application to all the persons interested in the copyright of the work.
Therefore, when an interested person is made aware of such copyright filing, then within 30 days from the date of filing of the copyright application, an objection against the registration of such copyright application can be filed by such interested person with the Copyright Office.
The objection letter must state the following:
- Details of the interested party.
- Application No. and tiles of the work against which objection is filed.
- Reasons for objection against registration of copyright.
- Documentary evidence in support of the objection claimed.
- Other documents/ details as per the objection raised/ required by the Copyright Office.
Copyright Rectification- Bangladesh
Once the copyright is registered and entered in the Register of Copyright, then any aggrieved party may file an application before the Copyright Board requesting expunging of any entry wrongly made or remaining on the Register of Copyright.
The rectification application can be filed before the Copyright Board, either by any aggrieved party or by the Registrar of Copyrights. If the rectification application is allowed, then the said record will be expunged/ removed from the Register of Copyrights.
For more information on Copyright objection and rectification in Bangladesh, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org