What is doping in sports?
Doping in competitive sports is referred to the usage of performance enhancer drugs which are banned by anti-doping laws of various authorities.
What is National Anti-Doping Agency?
National Anti-Doping Agency is mandated for Dope free sports in India. The primary objectives of the Agency are to implement anti-doping rules as per World Anti-Doping Agency Code, regulate dope control program, to promote education and research and creating awareness about doping and its ill effects.
What is World Anti-Doping Agency?
World anti-doping agency is responsible for regulating the usage of performance enhancer drugs. World anti-doping agency has a code called the World anti-doping Agency Code. It is a document, which lays down anti-doping rules, regulations, and policies worldwide.
Anti Doping Rule Violations
- Doping is defined by World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) as the occurrence of one or more of the following anti-doping rule violations mentioned in the WADA/NADA Code.
- Presence of a prohibited substance or its metabolites or markers in an athlete’s sample.
- Use or attempted use by an athlete of a prohibited substance or a prohibited method.
- Refusing to submit to sample collection after being notified.
- Failure to provide whereabouts information or being unavailable for doping control.
- Tampering with any part of the doping control process.
- Possession of a prohibited substance or method. The World Anti-Doping Agency annually updates the List of Prohibited Substances and Methods. The list is the International Standard defining what is prohibited in-competition and out-of-competition. The list also indicates whether particular substances are banned in particular sports.
- Trafficking a prohibited substance or method.
- Administering or attempting to administer a prohibited substance or method to an athlete.
- Prohibited Association
For more information Sports Laws in India, please write to us at email@example.com or submit a query.
To know more about Doping in Sports Law in India, click on here